St. Joseph Health Student Nursing Assistant- Staffing Office- Evenings- On Call in Lubbock, Texas
The Nursing Assistant performs basic patient care by assisting in the treatment and care of patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
· Demonstrates knowledge, judgement, and observational abilities needed to meet patient care needs under the direction of a licensed nurse.
· Provide patient care related to personal care/hygiene, ambulation, and comfort.
· Assist in preparing patients for meals, delivery of meals, feeding of patients when necessary, and providing fresh water.
· Accurately performs and reports vital signs.
· Assists in maintaining a clean environment for patients.
· Is accountable for reporting untoward incidents.
· Accurately and efficiently reports data.
· Maintains a committed and cooperative attitude with other members of the Health Care Team.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Certified Nurse Aide preferred.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Vocational or professional nursing student prepared to begin clinical rotations, (must be currently enrolled
License / Certification:
Must achieve BLS Certification within thirty (30) days of employment
Covenant Health is celebrating nearly 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.For nearly 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children’s Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of LubbockCovenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.