Parkhill, Smith & Cooper Inc. Controller in Lubbock, Texas
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription and Life Insurance, Pre-Tax Programs for Child and Health Care, Bonuses, Flexible Work Schedule, Paid Time Off, Employee Retirement Plan, Professional Development, Paid Overtime Hours, STD/LTD, Excellent Wellness Program, Family Friendly Environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to outside audit firms
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s)
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought-after department goal
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Oversee the accounting operationsof subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Other duties as necessary
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master's preferred; five or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license is required.Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements. Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication.
Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements. Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication.
Location: Lubbock, TX, USA
Pay Rate: DOE
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time