Anthem Bus Info Developer Consultant PS1320 in Lubbock, Texas
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Bus Info Developer Consultant This position may be in any Anthem location or work at home. Responsible for developing and executing more complex data mining analyses.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: • Determines how decision support systems will provide the data required to make effective business decisions. • Performs modeling of information sources and flows. • May coordinate the activities of a project team and monitors project schedules and costs for own projects. • Develops strategic report applications from the Data Warehouse. • Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues. • The majority of time will be spent programming • Develops and supports complex data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables. • Conducts training on use of applications developed.
• Requires a BS/BA degree; 4-5 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience must include the following:
• 4 years of database development and management is required.
• 4 years’ experience with MS SQL Server 2008 - 2014 or higher platform is required.
• 4 years’ experience with report development using SSRS is required.
• 4 years’ experience with ETL within database applications using SSIS is required.
• PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in Anthem standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is required.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL programming language, writing queries and stored procedures is required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization.
• Requires excellent communication skills, project management/implementation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Requires strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Multi-database, multi-language and multi-business application is preferred.
• Sense of urgency and desire to learn are critical.
• Experience with Anthem Care Management Medical Management systems highly desired.
This job is more focused on very complex data mining analysis, coordinating the activities of a project team, and developing complex strategic report applications as compared to the Bus Info Developer Sr job.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Job Reporting & Data Analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Bus Info Developer Consultant PS1320
Requisition ID: PS1320