TD Industries Inc West Texas Chiller Service Technician in Lubbock, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of Americas premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development into engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the United States generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. Fortune Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
This position independently performs maintenance, diagnose, repair, and rebuild chillers on all commercial property.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Disassembles and reassembles water cooled and air cooled chiller systems and other HVAC equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Completes work orders, task lists, quotes and documents to verify work performed as needed to conform to customer invoicing requirements.
- Explains the service rendered and work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Assists Sales/Customer Care Account Manager/Service Manager in preparing proposals for needed repairs or replacement.
- We seek candidates with a high school diploma or G.E.D. and have a college, technical school, or union equivalent diploma and or certificate.Plus have five years of air cool chiller mechanical work experience, and have five years of centrifugal chiller mechanical work experience.
- Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency and competence to effectively diagnose, repair, install and maintain any size commercial HVAC systems and/or equipment.
- The selected individual will be expected to maintain on-going required continued education, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Candidates must meet the requirements of company vehicle driving policy and drug policies.
- Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must have the ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds or more occasionally.
- Must have the ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions.
- Must be willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands. This position participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
- The Company supplies uniform shirts for work and the candidate is expected to wear the Company issued uniform shirts and keep them in a professional appearance.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Location: Lubbock, TX