Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Sales Representative - Paramount Wine in Lubbock, Texas
The Sales Representative will be responsible for the maximizing sales the brands represented by the company to retail or on premise customers in an assigned territory by direct contact, and prospecting new accounts. This person must be willing to execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of predetermined sales goals. This rep will also service customers with special product deliveries on short notices, and other customer sales needs. Service of these customers may also include actual placement of temporary and permanent point of sale material within the retail account.
Solicits sales in assigned accounts to achieve sales objectives as well as evaluate new business opportunities
Insure the development of existing accounts within their territory
Develops and prospects new accounts that open in the assigned marketing area
Introduces new products, new promotions and provides additional marketing service to customers
Delivers product or other related merchandise when required
Analyzes information on competitive products, promotions, pricing and marketing policies
Handles all customer issues in a timely and efficient manner within Company guidelines
Ensures supplier distribution goals are met within territory
Performs other related duties assigned
Work flexible hours which may include early morning, evenings and sometimes, weekends
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Strong communication skills with good verbal, persuasion, and writing ability.
· This job requires the ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
· Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws and must be 21 years of age or older
· Extensive travel (70% - 85%) by automobile. Daily driving may involve driving distances of up to 200 miles.
· Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases, ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50-pound cases and stand for extended periods of time.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.