St. Joseph Health Registered Nurse II- Dialysis- Full Time- Day Shift- 0700-1900 in Lubbock, Texas
Registered Nurse II- Dialysis- Full Time- Day Shift- 0700-1900
Covenant Health System
Requisition # R265740
· The RN II independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients.
· have a strong work ethic, enjoy intellectual challenges and work well in a team-focused environment
· Primes dialyzer and bloodlines
· Records patients’ medical information and vital signs
· Readies dialysis equipment
· Oversees the dialysis treatment from start to finish
· Demonstrates the ability to administer medications
· Cleans and dresses permanent and temporary catheters
· Monitors patient and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records information
· Identifies irregular dialysis reactions and notifies appropriate medical team members
· Secures blood work
· Maintains medical inventory
· Provides pre- and post-procedure care to patients within the Hemodialysis Unit
· Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· Candidates must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of Texas
· BSN required or BSN must be completed within five years
License / Certification:
· Current licensure in Texas or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse or proof of application for licensure
· Certified in BLS
· Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) is preferred
· At least one year of related RN experience preferred
· are willing to be trained and educated in the care of patients with kidney disease
· Full Time
· Day Shift
· 12 hour Shifts
· 3 days a Week
Covenant Health System is a faith-based ministry, focused on caring for the whole person - body, mind, and spirit - working with others to improve health and quality of life in our communities.
Thank you for applying with CHS. Your application will carefully be reviewed for the position(s) you have applied for. Please continue to seek career opportunities with us by visiting our web site at www.covenanthealth.org. Your interest in Covenant Health System is appreciated.
Covenant Health System provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant Health System complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.