Lubbock County Public Works Director in Lubbock, Texas
Job Name:Public Works Director
Job Description:The successful candidate will provide strategic direction for the Public Works/ Roads Department, exhibit outstanding leadership, communication, professional engineering skills, and will possess the demonstrated capacity to successfully manage in a fast-paced public environment. The Public Works Director position includes the following duties:
• Planning, organizing, directing, reviewing, and evaluating the activities, functions, and operations of the Public Works/ Roads Department.
• Coordinating and working closely with officials, department heads, and outside agencies.
• Serving as professional technical advisor and representing the department and/or County with citizens and media.
• Administering subdivision regulations by reviewing construction drawings and subdivision plats for conformance to regulations and engineering principles.
• Monitoring and overseeing that services delivered are in compliance with statutory applicable laws, rules, regulations, and applicable standards and procedures established by the state, court, and the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or directly related field
• Six (6) years of directly related, increasingly responsible, and varied professional engineering project management
• Developing and managing public works or municipal management experience
• Five (5) years of senior level management, project management, and/or administrator experience
• Must be licensed to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Texas issued by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers
Job Attachments:No Attachments
Close Date:Closes When Filled
Cover Letter Required:Yes
To apply for this job, please login or create an access ID if you have not done so already.