Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Merchandiser- Full-Time- Universal Wine in Lubbock, Texas
Summary Performs merchandising/ stocking activities and constructs displays of Company products in retail accounts as requested by Sales Representatives or retail customers. Installs promotional merchandising point-of-sale to achieve display objectives. Services customers with special product deliveries on an emergency basis. Stocks accounts with products.
Performs merchandising and display activities in retail accounts as requested or directed.
Stocks accounts with company product. Handles resets as needed.
Checks rotation on product in compliance with established rules and procedures.
Ensures maximum space allocation in merchandisable accounts.
Participates in the development of retail accounts through display service.
Introduces and installs new promotional materials to maintain display floor space in retail accounts.
Delivers product merchandise when required.
Performs merchandising warehouse duties as needed.
Advises the Sales Merchandising Manager and assigned Sales Representative of service problems encountered.
Understands the safety rules and requirements in the workplace.
Immediately reports to the Manager any unsafe work condition or safety hazard.
Encourages others to follow the safety rules and requirements in the workplace.
May involve evening or weekend scheduling for special sales promotions.
Travel 60% to 80% by automobile. Daily driving may involve distances up to 100 miles.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Key skills and competencies ·
Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
· Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of management
· Communication skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and customers.
· High school diploma or GED.
· 6 months -1 year in Merchandising or as Warehouse Worker.
· Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
· Ability to obtain and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with State laws.
· Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
· Lifting 90% of the time.
· Ability to frequently lift or move 40 to 50 pound cartons and stand for extended periods of time.
· Drive to multiple locations though out the day
Primary Location:United States-Texas-Lubbock