TD Industries Inc HVAC Service Technician I in Lubbock, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development and solutions in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the Southwest generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Three (3+) years experience with commercial HVAC truck-based service.
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair rooftop package units, VAVs, and cooling towers.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- Knowledge of chillers is a plus.
JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a recognized trade or technical school or equivalent comprised of 2‑5 years experience and training.
- Maintain on-going required continued education, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
- Meets the requirements of company vehicle driving policy.
- Ability to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and the customer.
- Good math, verbal, written skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions. Willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands.
- Participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
This description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements as applicable. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Lubbock, TX