St. Joseph Health Graduate Nurse- L&D- Full Time- Night Shift in Lubbock, Texas
Graduate Nurse- L&D- Full Time- Night Shift
Covenant Health System
Requisition # R264480
· The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients.
· Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
Specific labor and delivery nurse job duties include:
To ensure a safe and healthy delivery, the labor and delivery nurse should display good judgment, pay attention to details, possess the ability to make quick decisions and be able to work well with others. Teamwork is important. Good communication skills are also an important part of their job responsibilities, as they are typically in charge of providing education to new parents. Other job duties include:
· Providing support for the mother during labor
· Monitoring the fetal heart rate, and mother’s vital signs
· Measuring the strength and timing of contractions
· Administering medications and performing diagnostic tests
· Consulting with physicians and other members of the care team
· Assisting with inducing labor
· Coaching the mother during delivery
· Identifying and assisting with complications
· Assisting with various procedures, including Cesarean sections
· Monitoring and performing tests on newborns
· Providing education and support to mothers and families after delivery
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· Candidates must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of Texas
· BSN required or BSN must be completed within five years
License / Certification:
· Current licensure in Texas or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse or proof of application for licensure
· Certified in BLS
· At least one year of RN experience required
· Full Time
· 12 hour Shifts
· 3 days a week
· Self- Scheduling
o Upon Completing orientation
Covenant Health System is a faith-based ministry, focused on caring for the whole person - body, mind, and spirit - working with others to improve health and quality of life in our communities.
Thank you for applying with CHS. Your application will carefully be reviewed for the position(s) you have applied for. Please continue to seek career opportunities with us by visiting our web site at www.covenanthealth.org. Your interest in Covenant Health System is appreciated.
Covenant Health System provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant Health System complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.