Acton Mobile Branch Manager in Lubbock, Texas
This is not your average Branch Manager Position. Results and employee interaction are required every single day! We require professionalism and creativity. If you cannot think outside the box, there is not a chance you will get all the required work done well each day. This position manages a local branch and a branch from afar. It is not easy. I only posted this position because Superman was not available. Only experienced operations professionals with experience managing multiple types of employees and managing full P & L will be considered.**
With a fleet of over 20,000 units and a branch network of 37 locations across 24 states, Acton Mobile provides modular units to the construction, commercial, education, healthcare and government markets. We provide competitive wages & an excellent benefits program. Our office environment is both casual and fast-paced. Employees are encouraged to demonstrate initiative, take risks, and be accountable for the results of their actions. We are changing and evolving every day and are seeking high energy, high initiative, adaptable individuals to grow with our growing company.
We are seeking an experienced Branch Manager who will have full P & L responsibility over 2 branches!
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors and manages the branch business and budget, including margins for delivery and setup work; maximizes truck and toter utilization and operating profits.
- Achieves operational goals. Is responsible for all aspects of branch operations which include ensuring physical inventories are performed monthly and that supplies, tools and equipment are properly used, maintained, and accounted for.
- Ensures that all units and toters are thoroughly inspected prior to delivery and pickup. Insures that the branch is compliant with all OSHA, DOT, and Safety rules and regulations and abides by all rules and procedures.
- Provides branch employees with a healthy, safe work environment; conducts regular branch and safety meetings and inspections.
- Interviews, hires, and reviews job expectations with each new branch employee. Ensures all employees are properly trained.
- Conducts timely performance appraisals.
- Supports corporate initiatives and decisions and insures that all employees understand, embrace, and act accordingly.
- Serves as a daily role model of our Core Values to employees; holds employees accountable for living those values.
- Builds and maintains customer, vendor, and supplier relationships.
- Assists/resolves customer issues in a timely manner.
- Keeps Executive Team informed regarding areas of concern; promptly communicates information from corporate to the branch personnel.
- 5 Years of demonstrated Leadership in an Operations or Transportation leadership role; preferably in the rental industry or construction services business.
- Motivated and self-directed Management professional who can operate within guidelines assigned. High energy a must.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and persuasion skills and positive professional attitude.
- Computer and MS Office Skills.
- Ability to forecast and manage various opportunities, roles and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills.
- Possess decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Valid driver’s license required with clean driving record.
Acton offers competitive, performance based compensation plans and comprehensive benefits to all full time employees!
- Health Savings Accounts
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life & Disability Insurance Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Identity Theft Shield Benefit
- Educational Assistance Program
- My boss is awesome! Love the atmosphere and enjoy working for someone who respects and values my opinions, and cares about me as a person
- Acton has done an amazing job of taking care of their employees and making sure they feel valued and supported. My time with Acton has been first class and this company has lived up to my hopes and expectations
- I enjoy working at Acton and sense that everyone is very committed to the company and each other.
- 97% of Acton employees say that they would recommend a friend, family member or acquaintance as a good place to work!
Acton Mobile is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company seeking to add team members who want to grow with us! Our goal at Acton is to recruit, hire and maintain the most qualified workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, Acton does not discriminate in its employment decisions on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, military status, disability, having AIDS or being infected with HIV, or on any other basis that would violate applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, Acton will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk.
Acton is a Drug-Free Workplace
Location: Lubbock, TX
Date Posted: 07-06-2017