Mutual of Omaha Associate Agency Business Administrator -PART TIME (Lubbock DSO) in Lubbock, Texas
Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that s reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial service products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders and our dedication to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Millions of individuals, families and small businesses across America rely on Mutual of Omaha for their individual insurance and financial service s needs. The products of our Individual Financial Services business unit and our representatives personalized service help maintain this position of leadership.
The Associate Agency Business Administrator performs office support for various Division Office processes such as new business processing, agent pay entries, agent career development and training, agent recruiting and selection, premium processing and accounting, expense processing, and business prospecting. This position is the entry level position of a skill dependent job family.
Essential Job Functions: Part Time: 25 hours per week
- Perform various office support functions such as answering telephone calls and taking messages; welcoming and assisting walk-in clients, applicants, visitors, referring them to appropriate persons; maintaining multiple filing systems; scheduling appointments; typing letters, memos, reports using Microsoft Office, etc.; coordinating travel plans; sorting and distributing mail; maintaining office machines; and performing other related tasks. 30%
Perform a variety of new business functions to include:
Entering application information into the app entry system; resolving edit/noncompliance issues with management and/or agents; and following up with providers and agents to obtain or clarify information regarding underwriting
- Monitoring the post issue process ensuring all pending information is received, entered and completed
- Maintaining accurate records, cross-reference files and system information 25%
Conduct a variety of agent pay functions with general supervision to include:
Reviewing accuracy of pay information 5%
- Advising management of pay status and related issues
- Handle various accounting activities such as manager expense transactions, balancing accounts, monitoring expense account charges, premium processing and reconciliation, and alerting management and/or home office personnel to problems and working through to resolution. Processing daily electronic bank deposits 5%
- Respond to inquiries from policyholders, producers, administrators, claimants, and customers, assisting if possible or referring to appropriate office personnel. 20%
- Ensure the large volume of materials, product information and general supplies needed by the agents and employees are inventoried and maintained in adequate supply requiring timely ordering and regular updating of outdated materials. 15%
- Basic computer knowledge to include office software products such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic accounting and math aptitude skills.
- Strong human relations and communication skills; telephone and customer service skills.
- Organization, attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and clerical support skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To all Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Requisition ID: 029771