Texas Tech University Assistant Professor in Lubbock, Texas
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Actively collaborate with faculty to implement a new P-20 educational policy and reform Ph.D.curriculum;
- Teach distance-delivered graduate educational leadership courses in the PhD program that focus on educational policy, policy implementation, and influencing reform in a political environment;
- Conduct research that meaningfully contributes to the field;
- Supervise graduate student policy research and practice in a manner that promotes their synthesis;
- Recruit, advise, and mentor doctoral students;
- Apply for and manage external funding to support policy-focused research and the improvement of practice;
- Contribute to the advancement of specialization and program goals through service; and
- Partner with schools and/or agencies to ensure meaningful collaborative research, teaching, and practice.
- Service duties include program building, as well as commitment to extra-curricular activities. Service to the department, college, and university is expected. Candidates who have very strong records of scholarship supported by extramural funding and who have the proven capacity or clear potential to bring externally sponsored research to Texas Tech University are encouraged to apply. Service duties include program-building, as well as commitment to extra-curricular activities. Service to the department, college, university, and community is expected.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Preference will be given to candidates with strong teaching credentials and public school experiences, demonstrated ability to conduct research with and in schools that result in positive and measurable student outcomes, grant experience, and graduate online teaching experience. Experience working with diverse student populations and first generation students is highly desirable.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Texas Tech welcomes consideration of dual career and professional couple accommodations.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Assistant Professor
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech University
Campus: Texas Tech University
Department: EDUC Educational Psych Leadrshp Gen
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Cover Letter Professional/Personal References Resume / CV
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Monthly
Salary Grade: 800
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 10427BR