Texas Tech University Assistant Director in Lubbock, Texas
Requisition ID 10970BR
Work Location Lubbock
Org Level 1 Texas Tech University
Campus Texas Tech University
Department SSF Office of Student Conduct
Position Description Performs varied and complex administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and/or program. Requires independent judgment and application of established policies and procedures. Works under general supervision with evaluation based on overall results obtained.
Major/Essential Functions The Office of Student Conduct is responsible for the administration and management of the Code of Student Conduct at Texas Tech University. The Conduct Hearing Officer in the Office of Student Conduct is a general conduct hearing officer for the adjudication of alleged violations of the Texas Tech University Code of Student Conduct. Primary responsibilities of the Conduct Hearing Officer are as follows:
• Investigates and adjudicates cases of individual Student Conduct, including, but not limited to referrals from student complainants, faculty and/or staff members, the Texas Tech Police Department, University Student Housing.
• Supports other Student Conduct Officers and Investigators with the transcription of interviews and development of Investigation Reports.
• Coordinates University Student Housing Conduct referrals and conducts University Student Housing investigations.
• Trains University Student Housing staff on conduct process and conduct software.
• Assists with Clery reporting.
• Develops marketing and educational materials related to the Conduct Process and Code of Student Conduct.
• Provides information and assistance to those alleged to have violated the Code of Student Conduct and those reporting allegations of the Code of Student Conduct.
• Creates individualized, educationally-based sanctions, conditions, and/or restrictions for individual students who are found responsible for violating the Code of Student Conduct.
Additional Responsibilities: Additional responsibilities of The Conduct Hearing Officer are as follows:
• Assists the Managing Director, the Associate Director, and Assistant Director(s) of the Office of Student Conduct with student conduct investigations.
• Assists with the development of annual goals, annual reports, marketing and strategic planning and for programs and services administered / coordinated through the Office of Student Conduct.
• Assists with crisis intervention and academic / personal referrals to University departments and community agencies.
• Assists with campus presentations, education, and outreach efforts related to the Conduct process and the Code of Student Conduct.
• Assists with the annual review of the Code of Student Conduct.
• Assists with University Panel Hearing coordination and training.
• Assists with the Office of Student Conduct database management software, Maxient.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director and/or Director of the Office of Student Conduct.
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Three years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications Master’s or Law Degree preferred. Minimum of two years of experience within Higher Education, Student Affairs, or a related field. Experience with student conduct preferred. Proven knowledge in the following areas: student conduct practices, due process, and student learning methods. Proven organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, effective time-management, experience in developing promotional and informative documents and presentations to large groups of people. Computer literacy in desktop publishing, database management, spreadsheet management, graphic design, web design, and word processing preferred. Flexibility, adaptability, and excellent interpersonal skills preferred.
EEO Statement As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Does this position work in a research laboratory? No
Required Attachments Cover Letter
Resume / CV
Job Type Full Time
Pay Basis Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate 4000
Pay Statement Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Travel Required Up to 25%
Schedule Details Monday- Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Grant Funded? No
Job Group Other Administrative
Removal Date 10/08/2017