Texas Tech University Academic Dean in Lubbock, Texas
Principal administrative officer of a college/library in the Texas Tech University System. The chief responsibility is the development, supervision, and operation of the academic programs of the college or school in accordance with established guidelines, governmental regulations, and the mission of Texas Tech. The dean and staff serve as consultants on all academic matters, such as course changes, choice of major, and degree requirements.
Candidates for the Academic Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources (CASNR) must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Leadership and entrepreneurial spirit along with a demonstrated ability to stimulate the research enterprise.
- A history of promoting research interests and collaborations transparently across an institution or institute and with external partners.
- The ability to effectively advocate for, and expand and manage the resources of the college.
- Excellent people and communication skills coupled with substantial administrative experience in fiscal and personnel management.
- Proven record of accomplishment of scholarly activity commensurate with a tenured full professor within the college.
- Effective leadership responsibility along with the ability to articulate a compelling vision and plan for the advancement of agriculture and natural resources education, research and outreach in the CASNR context.
- An understanding and ability to fundraise along with a willingness to engage in development activities.
- A record and commitment to promoting diversity in the broadest sense within departments, faculty, staff, students, and the dean’s office.
- The ability to build effective partnerships with state, federal, private entities and industry as well as advocate for technology commercialization and outreach.
- The ability to provide management for college accreditation efforts as well as develop undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
_Texas Tech University has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this important recruitment. All inquiries, nominations, and applications should be directed to Dan Rodas, Vice President, and Jane McMahon, Managing Association to www.imsearch.com/6260
Appropriate terminal degree for the position; in addition, progressively responsible managerial experience.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Academic Dean
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech University
Campus: Texas Tech University
Department: Ag Sciences and Natural Resources
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Monthly
Salary Grade: 800
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 10974BR